Number of Servings: 6
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1 kilogram flank steak
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Brown sugar
3 clove garlic, chopped
2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (to taste)
1. Cut the steak lengthwise in half, then thinly slice against the grain. Put in a bowl.
2. Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skilled, then crush using a mortar and pestle. Add to the beef.
3. Add the soy, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, green onions and red pepper flakes to the beef, stir and allow to marinate, refrigerated, for 1-24 hours.
4. Heat a large cast iron frying pan for several minutes on high. Add half of the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes, transfer to a warmed serving bowl and cook the remaining beef.
5. Sprinkle with a few untoasted sesame seeds before serving with steamed rice.
Tip – the beef is really tasty if you let it cook long enough for some of the sugar/soy to caramelize.