Number of Servings: 10
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
1 cup Milk
2 cup quinoa flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple sauce
2 tablespoon oil or melted butter
3 cup sugar (vary with how sweet you want the cake, can go up to 1-1/2 cups sugar)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 white chocolate chips (package, optional)
1. Combine milk, eggs and vanilla, blend well.
2.Add apple sauce and oil. Blend.
3. Mix all dry ingredients together.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients (make a well in the center), blend till you get a smooth batter (you may have to add extra liquid – water or milk, up to you). If using chocolate chips, add these now.
5. Bake in one (or two) greased and floured pans (use quinoa or rice flour for the gluten intolerant)at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes. (when a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean the cake is done)
6. Serve with whipped cream.