Number of Servings: 14
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hours
5 pounds sirloin tip
2 pound ground chuck (Lean or extra lean)
1 pound Italian sausage (with casings removed)
1 pound bacon, thick cut
4 onion, sweet
2 can whole kernel corn (I prefer peaches and cream)
3 green pepper (fresh, seeded, cut into 1/2 inch square cubes)
1 pound mushrooms sliced
1/2 pound carrots (5mm thick)
8 green onions, chopped
6 celery stalks, chopped
3 garlic, bulbs, minced
8 habanero peppers (medium in size, seeded and minced)
6 can stewed tomatoes (sliced)
2 can Roasted Sweet Red peppers (jars, sliced)
2 can red kidney beans (drained, rinsed)
2 can white kidney beans (drained, rinsed)
1 can black beans (drained, rinsed)
1 can mixed bean (drained, rinsed)
2 can tomato paste
2 tablespoon olive oil (infused w/cayanne pepper @ Presidents Choice)
4 ounce Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoon hot sauce (Cholula, tobasco)
2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoon Chili powder (the mccormick cayanne pepper chili powder is awesome)
1 tablespoon Paprika
2 tablespoon Pepper (fresh ground if possible)
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I use fresh ground vs table salt)
1. Place the Stewed Tomatoes, chili powder and Tomato paste in the Stock Pot, place burner on low.
2. Brown the sirloin tip, it should be rare. Slice into 1 x 1/2 inch cubes, place in Stock Pot
3. Fry up the bacon, making sure its crisp. The bacon must be crisp when it enters the stock pot, or it will come out soggy and limp, and not very appetizing.
4. Cook ground beef and sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Place in Stock Pot
5. Grind the Cumin seeds with Pestle, Saute the cumin seeds in the olive oil, stirring constantly (they will burn if you’re not careful), removing from heat once brown.
6. Place the drained meat into stock pot along with the Garlic, Habaneros, Carrots, Jar’s of Sweet Red peppers, Green Peppers, Green Onion, Corn and whiskey. Adding the mushrooms and bean’s last.
7. Stir the pot well, ensuring an even consistency.
8. Place the cumin/olive oil mixture, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, Paprika, Hot Sauce and black pepper in the stock pot.
9. Cover pot, Set burner to Medium, Stir the pot every 20 minutes, for min of 4 hours. The longer it cooks, the more even the flavor will be.
Spoon even amounts into large bowls, garnish with Thick Sour Cream (Restaurant Style) and Grated Cheese. Serve with Thick cut Italian Bread.